Located in Colorado's rugged Elk Mountains, Aspen provides vacationers with a location that isn't impossible to get to, but also off the beaten path. You don't have to worry about crowds or traffic on an Aspen ski vacation that can be prevalent at other Colorado ski resorts. Aspen was once a successful silver mining town and it's historical roots are obvious when walking around the charming cobblestone streets in downtown Aspen.
Aspen is a "yes" place. Sure, there's an abundance of the finer things and experiences to be had on an Aspen ski vacation, but the real luxury is all of the options. The four world-class ski resorts, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass, are within nine miles of one another and every level of skier or snowboarder has a mountain they can call their own. It doesn't end on the slopes either, Aspen offers visitors ski country's most vibrant restaurant selection and liveliest nightlife scene, plus, a laundry list of on- and off-mountain kid-friendly activities.
To learn more about Aspen click on the "Interests" button on the left or click the options below jump directly to a specific "Interest" page.
Advanced to expert skiing is the name of the game on Aspen Mountain, or Ajax, and Aspen Highlands. In fact, Aspen Mountain doesn't have any green runs on it, so beginner skiers or snowboarders will want to avoid the mountain. Aspen Mountain might be relatively small in acreage, but the resort skis very large since it's possible to ski nearly 3,000-plus vertical feet every run via the Silver Queen Gondola. Aspen Mountain is also hosts World Cup races every season so you can imagine the runs are steep. From high-speed, steep groomers to challenging mogul runs to technical tree runs, Aspen has terrain options for every type of advanced to expert skiers and snowboarders. Intermediate skiers have some unique gully cruisers to zip down.
Aspen Highlands provides the ultimate in-bounds adventure. Aspen Highland Bowl is one of the coolest experiences for the skier or snowboarder willing to get their hike on. Climbing about 700 vertical feet, the summit of Highland Bowl takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to reach and while it's certainly a workout the views of Maroon Creek valley and the surrounding mountains are truly unbeatable. Skiing down the high-alpine bowl provides backcountry-like experience that few resorts in North America can offer.
Aspen Vacation Packages
If you can see yourself sipping wine in the warm Colorado sun, gazing at Aspen's 14,000-foot peaks and indulging in one of Ski Country's best dining and nightlife scenes, make that vision a reality and book your ski trip to Aspen today. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Aspen vacation package, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 77 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights. We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation. Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School. We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals. Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities. Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.