Aspen is not well known for being budget-friendly, but a bit of planning and a little research can help you save some of your hard earned-money while still enjoying the Aspen experience. We tapped our Aspen Snowmass Reservationists for tips on the most affordable places to stay and eat.
Affordable Aspen accommodations
- Independence Square is ideal for visitors looking to be in the thick of downtown Aspen for a reasonable rate. This modern hotel is housed in a historic building and is less than 250 yards from the Silver Queen Gondola. You’ll be smiling ear-to-ear while you soak in the Square’s rooftop hot tub and take in the views of the mountains, knowing you’re getting a bargain.
- Molly Gibson Lodge offers a convenient locale at an affordable rate, and with all the comforts of home to boot. Molly Gibson sits right off Main Street and is a short walk or shuttle to the slopes at an affordable rate. The cozy lodge is pet friendly so your best furry friend can come along.
- Just across Main Street you’ll find Hotel Aspen, which offers guests relaxing amenities like an outdoor hot tub and pool. Every afternoon in the winter Hotel Aspen hosts a complimentary wine and cheese party around the common room fireplace.
Budget-friendly Aspen restaurants
- For pizza, you’ll want to head to New York Pizza, located on the Hyman Street walking mall, or Taster’s. Boasting two locations, the Aspen Taster's is located next to the Aspen Snowmass Tourism office on Mill Street and the Snowmass Taster's is situated across the street from the Base Village. Ryno’s also features pizza pies, pints and an arcade, making it a good option for families.
- For affordable pub food try out Zane’s, and for Mexican head to Su Casa. The bar menu at Su Casa is one of the best, and tastiest, deals in town.
- For a good burger that won't break the bank head to Justice Snow's and ask for the Locals' Burger. Enjoy watching ice skaters glide around the rink while you gnosh on burgers, fries and homemade shakes at CP Burger.